HomeAbout the TennerysPR FriendlyReviews and GiveawaysContact the TennerysToday with the Tennerys on FacebookTricia on TwitterTricia on Google+Tricia on PinterestTricia on InstagramToday with the Tennerys on Networked BlogsToday with the Tennerys on BlogLovinToday with the Tennerys on Hello CottonToday with the Tennerys RSS FeedE-mail the TennerysHTML Map

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Deliver Me

After going into labor with Lil' Man at 23 weeks and then again at 34 weeks, we couldn't wait to meet the little person that was so ready to be here.  I spent 3 days in the hospital at Helen Keller trying to have my labor stopped.  Once it finally stopped and my blood pressures went down, I was sent home to bed rest. 
These are pictures from my iPhone from my bed in the hospital of my babies.
On August 17th, after 3 weeks of bed rest, we went to ECM to have an amnio to check for lung maturity.  Of course I was scared, who wouldn't be with a needle going into their stomach?  As I took a deep breath, the needle went in.  I was doing ok, I had my eyes closed and I was just breathing.  All of a sudden it hurt.  I felt like my stomach was ripping.  I then heard the Tech and doctor making statements such as, "well, I haven't seen that before", and "do you see this?"  I had no idea what was going on but they were asking my husband if he could see the screen to see that our son was playing with the needle.  Now by playing I mean, kicking and grabbing, anything he could do to get that needle out of his personal space.

After this fun, we reported upstairs for me to be monitored.  My blood pressures were sky high and I was a little crampy, but who wouldn't be when trying to have a needle pulled through their stomach.  I was given medicine and my pressure eventually came down.  I received word that the amnio results were negative for maturity, but they were "a high negative", so they were close to positive and with my blood pressure as high as it was and him pulling on the needle the doctor decided he couldn't repeat the amnio, so he decided to deliver him the next day.

We reported to ECM at 10:00 am the next day.  Of course I was nervous, but I was ready to meet this already trouble maker.  We were told to bring the camera, so of course this excited me, as I love pictures.  I told my husband I wanted a ton of pictures because I wouldn't be able to see anything.  Now, keep in mind this is what I said, I didn't really think this was what I was going to get.  However, I have to say when I saw the pictures that he took I couldn't be any prouder of him than I was at that moment.  I felt as if I was there, and I will have these pictures forever.  Now, I have to say they may be a bit graphic to those with a weak stomach, but here are a few of them.
My husband, ready to go in
Here he comes...
 It's a boy!
Cutting of the cord...
 Cleaning him up
What a rough time
 7 pounds 13 ounces 20 inches long
Feet print
 so tired...
 Getting ready to meet my mommy!
Happy parents!
 Our new addition!
Alexander "Alex" Jacob Tennery
August 18, 2010

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments help me get to know you better, thanks for leaving your thoughtful thoughts. Have a blessed day! xoxo