HomeAbout the TennerysPR FriendlyReviews and GiveawaysContact the TennerysToday with the Tennerys on FacebookTricia on TwitterTricia on Google+Tricia on PinterestTricia on InstagramToday with the Tennerys on Networked BlogsToday with the Tennerys on BlogLovinToday with the Tennerys on Hello CottonToday with the Tennerys RSS FeedE-mail the TennerysHTML Map

Monday, July 5, 2010

July 4th 2010

For years and years we have always gone somewhere for the 4th of July.  Whether it was my husband's Aunt Brenda, or to McFarland Park, or to my parents, we have always gone somewhere.  Well, this year with it being so hot, my dad being in the rehab center for his back surgery, and my blood pressure being so high and feet so swollen from being pregnant with Little Man, we decided to stay at home for the first time. 
My husband had to work, so Lyssa and I ventured out to see about some fireworks.  Of course we didn't get a ton of them, as it was only for our family.  Lyssa was actually excited and I had a feeling she wouldn't be, since we normally go somewhere.  All she talked about was having "her own fireworks."

We mainly got fountains as we had plenty of our neighbors who spent money on the "big stuff".  These are some of the pictures from our backyard from July 3, 2010.
So, after buying fireworks we got to listen to Lyssa for the next 5 hours wanting to go shoot them.  My husband grilled, we had hot dogs, hamburgers, and grilled corn on the corn... it was so good.  And to make it even better, while we ate we watched the Macy's Firework Spectacular.  What a show that was, I felt kind of dumb that I never knew that came on, but then again I had never been at home.  Once the show went off, it was "finally dark" in Lyssa's words.  We gathered up the fireworks and outside we went.  Here are some of our pictures, keep in mind we didn't get the "big stuff" it was something special for our growing family.
Lyssa's chicken that spun around and laid eggs.
Yes, I was supposed to have my feet up, but I couldn't resist, it was for the family so I had to light some of them, especially the Chasers that Lyssa had never seen.
My husband trying to back up quickly after lighting a fountain not realizing Lyssa had lit the fountain right beside the one he was lighting.
And of course, while we were having our "little show" the neighbors where still in our backyard having a "big show".
some of the artillery shells that I wasn't quick enough to get really good pictures of.
All in all we had a great 4th!  It was some much needed family time, as it seems most of the focus has been on me lately, with my high risk and Little Man's health on the line.  It was a very very relaxing night, and I think we all went to be happy.  It was more of a family/Lyssa night and she had a blast.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments help me get to know you better, thanks for leaving your thoughtful thoughts. Have a blessed day! xoxo